You are invited to join the Midwest Moon Sangha for Saturday Sangha, our morning of mindfulness every Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at Wehrli Chapel in Press Hall, 475 East Lockwood Avenue, Webster Groves, MO 63119. Our gatherings are open to the public. Newcomers Welcome!
We are a practice group for mindful meditation in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. The Sangha recognizes that in our society, many people experience prejudice and feelings of exclusion. In following the teachings of Thich Nhat Hahn, we practice with the strong intention of inclusiveness. All who have an affinity with our practice are invited and encouraged to practice with us
- All gatherings start with silent meditation. Please enter quietly if you arrive during the meditation period.
- Weekly Rotation – after sitting and walking meditation, our schedule rotates as follows:
- First Saturday – The Five Mindfulness Trainings Recitation Ceremony followed by a dharma discussion. All are welcome to enjoy this ritual affirming our practice of mindfulness.
- Second Saturday – Reading from key Buddhist texts (also known as “sutras.”) These are modern translations made by Thich Nhat Hanh, When we read a sutra, we can ask ourselves, “What does this sutra have to do with my daily life?”
- Third Saturday – A morning of sitting, walking and guided meditation.
- Fourth Saturday – A Reading (source: speaker’s choice) followed by dharma discussion.
- Fifth Saturday – Facilitator’s choice
We do not meet on New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday, Independence, Memorial or Labor Day, or Christmas.
Thay has taught us that without Sangha, there is no Buddha, there is no Dharma. Sangha is essential to our practice. Our Facilitator Guide is a work in progress. You may download the current Midwest Moon Sangha Facilitator Guide 2016